Woman's Body Found by I-95 Onramp Identified: Shot to Death | Crime
KINGSLAND, Ga. -- The woman found dead near an interstate onramp has been identified and the cause of death has been determined.
According to Camden County Sheriff's Deputy William Terrell, the body is that of 27-year-old Melissa McCarthy Comiskey.
A truck driver repairing a tire Wednesday, Nov. 30, on the northbound onramp to Interstate 95 at Exit 14 saw Comiskey's body in the woods.
Her fingerprints and two distinctive tattoos helped detectives determine the victim to be Comiskey, who, according to Terrell, is from New Jersey but is believed to have been living in South Florida at the time of her death.
A single gunshot wound to the head has been determined to be the cause of death.
Terrell said the investigation into Comiskey's murder is continuing.
Upcoming Events near St. Marys
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Art stolen from downtown gallery
- Jacksonville Home and Patio Show returns this weekend
- JOBSEEKERS: Job fair to be held at the the Prime Osborn Convention Center Tuesday
- Revitalizing the city center, art invades abandoned spaces
- More than 500 racers will climb more than 830 stairs in the Bank of America tower.