Camden County defeats Milton 40-7 in scrimmage | News
KINGSLAND, Ga. -- The Camden County High School football team has a new look this season, not with their uniforms but with the people in key positions.
Welton Coffey is the Wildcats new head coach. He replaces Jeff Herron who led the program to three state titles in the past decade. Coffey is no stranger to winning state titles as a head coach as he led Raines High School to a championship in 1997.
Camden County also must find a replacement for Brice Ramsey who started at quarterback the past two seasons for the Wildcats. He's now playing at the University of Georgia along with his former high school teammate J.J. Green.
The Wildcats defeated Milton 40-7 in a scrimmage on Friday night. They will travel to the Georgia Dome on Saturday, August 24th for the regular season opener vs. North Gwinnett, a nationally ranked team.
Upcoming Events near St. Marys
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Art stolen from downtown gallery
- Jacksonville Home and Patio Show returns this weekend
- JOBSEEKERS: Job fair to be held at the the Prime Osborn Convention Center Tuesday
- Revitalizing the city center, art invades abandoned spaces
- More than 500 racers will climb more than 830 stairs in the Bank of America tower.